Also to reassure that the Anastasia Steele name connection isn't a big deal, this is one of my friend's names and she has only ever heard positive comments about her name. Due to her, the … Growing up, I never had a nickname. But I guess it is not that bad too. i love how people get rude when someone doesn't agree with them. Last year it ranked 148th in the U.S. Social Security Administration list of most popular baby girl names. Meaning of Anastasia. That is interesting. I've always thought of it as a softer-sounding alternative classic to the more angular-sounding Alexandra, and I'm surprised it's not more popular given that I think it translates quite well internationally and there are many nickname options to it (Anna, Stacy, Stasia, Tasha, Nasya, etc.). Personally, I liked being an Anastasia because there were plenty of Annas and Staceys in school. Her mother calls her Nastia. Some famous bearers of this name include: Anastasia Griffith, and Anastasia of Sirmium. Anastasia is the feminine form on Anastasius, a Greek name derived from the word anastasis, meaning “resurrection.” It was a common name among early Christians, who often gave it to daughters born around Christmas or Easter. You are good intellectually and require several outlets for your energies. Russian feminine form of the Greek male name Anastasios. This is my middle name, and I HATED it growing up, tried to convince my parents to change it, and would pray that teachers wouldn't mention it (there was always one teacher every year) I always thought it was too frilly,but everyone always liked. Anastasha, A name fit for a child full of sparkle and spirit, a little explorer. All in all, Anastasia is one of the most amazing and perfect people you will ever meet. With thousands of names in our handbook, choosing the right on just got easier! The 'A' makes for hot-tempered but devoted partners who will make the best to aide their lover succeed and feel cherished and appreciated. I much prefer this to Ann, my current middle name which I'm in the process of changing. Tasiya, Her mother always says her full name and some of her other family members use the nickname Stasia (stay- sha). Famous bearer: 4th-century martyr St Anastasia. That's my cousins name, but we've only ever called her buggy lol. I love this name. I prefer Anastacia. As a totem animal, the Woodpecker symbolizes cyclicity and energy. well I say my name is to long but my mom says that my names is perfect and beautiful the way it is. Soooo....I've heard it pronounced ana-stay-zha and ana-stassi-a, which is it? Nastya, Nicknames people usually use for me are Annie, Ana, Stasia, Nastia. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Anastasia on Nameberry. I like both pronunciations equally, but I'm wondering which is the true Russian pronunciation? An inward look into the 'A' uncovers a deliberate and collected stance, as this is someone who is drawn to rational processes and who tends to banish feelings aside. Look up Anastasius, Ἀναστάσιος, or Αναστάσιος in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Stace, Anestassia, Annastasia, Anastasia (a-nuh-STAY-zhuh, ah-nuh-stah-shuh, uh-nuh-stah-syi-yuh ) is a girl’s name of Russian origin, meaning: “resurrection”.It is the feminine form of the Greek male name Anastasios. The name became popularized in the early days of Christianity in honor of a 4th-century saint, Anastasia of Sirmium. I speak from experience :). Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. The name Anastasia, has a wonderfully enchanting quality. I always think of Stacey from the babysitters club, because this is her full name! I used to think this was a really cold name, but I'm quickly warming up to it :). That is not the pronunciation at all! The Russian pronunciation is ah-nah-stah-SEE-yah, stress on the SEE. The mysterious princess of Russia, and the animated movie Anastasia based on that true history & the legends surrounding it. It's sleeker and smoother. And, duh, I know about this fact. Anastasia was actually the nicest of the two ugly sisters, and ended up being forgiven by Cinderella in the sequels and found her own happily ever after, falling in love with the baker. Acoording to vedic astrology , Rashi for the name Anastasia is Mesh and Moon sign associated with the name Anastasia is Aries.. The "си" is "si", followed by "я", which is "ya". I think Annie is such a cute name and fits her personality perfectly but having the full name of Anastasia makes it super unique too. She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. Feminine form of the Greek Anastasios (of the resurrection), a derivative of anastasis (resurrection). Anastasia has no variant spellings. These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anastasia. It's Ah-nah-stah-see-yah. actually its quite popular in greece too, im an anastasia (arabella duncan is my pen name) and i know at least other four anastasias. © 2020 Nameberry.com. Saint Anastasia, a Christian saint, and martyr who died at Sirmium. Life Lesson & Challenge: For the name Anastasia, the life lesson alludes to this person recognizing that harbouring negative emotions won't help their plans advance, whilst the life challenge has to do with moving on from situations that make them feel uncomfortable. "Nastya" it's a short name. Numerology advises that this name tends to be more auspicious for people born in an even year. Anastasia definition, daughter of Nicholas II: believed executed by the Bolsheviks in 1918 with other members of the Romanov family. One of the most beautiful girls names of all in my opinion! A substitute teacher the other day even paused after calling roll to say it was a beautiful name. Actually, the right pronunciation is Ana-(like in ANAlogy)-Sta-(like in STArs)-zhe-a(like in Africa).I love this name but the feeling that somebody could say "oh you named her after 50 shades of grey" just makes me sick. everyone in my class 5th grade says that I have never met a girl named Anastasia. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The name Anastasia is a girl's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "resurrection". Beautiful! well that's exactly what I was hoping for. Its meaning stands for support and devotion, especially in friendships. An awful lot of people won't admit to liking/seeing 50 Shades of Grey. Gorgeous name, but the pronunciation 'anna-STAY-zee-uh' (or anna-STAY-juh' if said quickly) comes more naturally to my accent. Stasiya, Tasoula, The name Anastasia has Fire element.Mars is the Ruling Planet for the name Anastasia.The name Anastasia having moon sign as Aries is represented by The Ram and considered as Cardinal .. I think the nickname Cia would be adorable. Anastasia (also spelled Anastasiya, Annastasia, Anastacia or Annastatia) is a Christian given name bestowed to women and the feminine equivalent of the male name Anastasius. is fit name.You can give to your baby with complacency. Even the Russian alphabet is derivative of Greek uncial script. Yes, it does. Beautiful and regal. It was a common name among early Christians, who often gave it to daughters born around Christmas or Easter. I'am maybe on the minority but I just don't get how Fifty shades of Grey ruin that nÂme . Anastasia is absolutely without a doubt one of my top 10 favourite girl names. The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. On a higher plane of life, the number 4 is supposed to focus all the efforts towards motivating others to fulfil their secret potential. One of my friends is named Anastasia, and the only comments I've heard people give her about it have been completely positive. An enthusiastic numerologist, Eida has made it her purpose to shed light on the symbolism of names, beyond the basics of name origin. What is the meaning of the name Anastasia? Anastasia is beautiful. Find it here. If I have another baby girl, this will be her name. Acoording to vedic astrology , Rashi for the name Anastasia is Mesh and Moon sign associated with the name Anastasia is Aries.. Im greek, Anastasia is a greek name Anastasia is also my name and the correct pronunciation is Ah-Nah-Sta-See-yah. All in all its a beautiful name with so many nickname options. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Anastasia, try our name generator. Daughter of Russia's Czar Nicholas, fabled to have survived a mass murder of her family. The name Anastasia is a girl's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "resurrection". Zeta for examples ζ. I feel like this name will forever be tarnished by 50 shades... fingers crossed the horrible franchise dies quickly, along with all connections to this beautiful name. Anastasia was the daughter of Nicholas II of Russia, the last Russian ruler who was overthrown in the revolution of 1917. A Anastasiya is usually a brown-eyed girl, who is always worrying, and always in thought of what others thing of her. What does Anastassia mean? I have a friend named Anastasia (Ana-stay-zha), I like the name even the other pronunciation. STARTS/ENDS WITH Ana-, -sia ASSOCIATED WITH greek, resurrection (life) Huh. Anastasia Name Meaning from the personal name Anastasia, feminine form of Anastasio. She is the only person that really gets you and is the one you want to hang out with all the time. The name originates with Greek etymology and carries the meaning "resurrection". Anastasia is getting a makeover! No one asks me about 50 shades. Taskenka, Those named Anastasia have as lucky gemstone the Amazonite, which induces abundance and wealth to those who believe in real life changes and good luck. I think it's beautiful, but I may be a little biased ;) Would love to honor her by using this. And I barely get any 50 shades references. I have family in Russia and personally this is the best name a Russian girl has had that I've come across. The February symbolism revolves around evolution and eagerness. For the person who has the Woodpecker as the spirit animal, understanding what power their words can have is crucial. In any slavic country you would never hear the -stay-zha ending. This name was borne by the wife of the Russian czar Ivan the Terrible. I'm a little late to the party but both Greeks and Russian pronounce it the same. The name Anastasia is well matched with first names starting with the initials Y, V & D but not so well with last names beginning with K, O & B. Anastasya, Anastassia is an alternate form of Anastasia (Greek): from the word "anastasis". The letter that ends a name, the Capstone, depicts that person's viewpoint regarding following through in their projects. Find the complete details of Anastasia name on BabyNamesCube, the most trusted source for baby name meaning, numerology, origins, similar names and more! STARTS/ENDS WITH Ana-, -sia. Lols, I don't know why I never noticed that before. For everyone, we pronounce it like "Ana-stah-seea" not like the other. On the consciousness scale, the emotional vibration of the name Anastasia is associated with the Desire level. Anastasia name meaning is Resurrection and the associated lucky number is 4. in the greek language we have no way to pronounce sta-Zhe-a its not how our letters work or how they are pronounced theres no way to form the ZHEA sound in the greek Language. The name was borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas II. Asia, She was supposedly murdered by the Bolsheviks along with the rest of her family in 1918. the starting letter of a name, determines how a person copes with the highs and lows of life. 16 names similar to Anastacia These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anastacia. Infographic of Anastasia name meaning, which is A Greek feminine form of Anastasius, Anastasia means resurrection. But it is REALLY popular in Russia and Ukraine - there were 4 Anastasias in my class (I don't know how popular it is in Greece though). A number 4 in love becomes honest and serene, being able to express their feelings freely and show their true colors. Anastasia is a Girl name, meaning Resurrection in American origin. Once best known as the evil sister from Cinderella and as a harsh-sounding Russian name associated with the daughter of Czar Nicholas II who fled during the Russian Revolution—and, subsequently, a 1997 Disney film—Anastasia is now perceived as an elegant, regal name choice for girls and has gained popularity in the US. (Greek) If they were tomboy they would not go with Anastasia. Powerful and complete. Number 4s are in for a sixth sense awakening when they meet someone who appreciates and supports them for who they are. This is a name that was quite common amongst Eastern Orthodox Christian populations due to Saint Anastasia the Pharmakolytria or “Deliverer from Poisons”. Keeping this stone close will make one see the world from a different, more understanding perspective. My 20-something cousin is an Anastasia, and she got knocked up at 17 and dissed my hardworking mother! Lol you must not have studied greek very well if you think we pronouce our S's like long Z's and J's. Anastasia ▲ as a girls' name is pronounced ahn-a-STAH-shah, ahn-a-STAY-zhah. They would go with Stacey or something short like that. Anastasia Name Meaning from the personal name Anastasia, feminine form of Anastasio. Anastasia is the feminine form on Anastasius, a Greek name derived from the word anastasis, meaning “resurrection.” It was a common name among early Christians, who often gave it … The name Anastasia has Fire element.Mars is the Ruling Planet for the name Anastasia.The name Anastasia having moon sign as Aries is represented by The Ram and considered as Cardinal .. Saint Anastasia, a Christian saint, and martyr who died at Sirmium. This is my middle name, and I have always pronounced it Ana-stay-zha, and also my Russian neighbor did as well. Explore the meaning, origin, variations, and popularity of the name Anastasia. Green, a color expressing prosperity and efficiency, is characteristic for people who care about their social image and about being accepted by others. Anastasia name meaning is resurrection and the lucky number associated with is 4. The name Anastasia, has a wonderfully enchanting quality. I was always kind of put off from this name because one of my favorite Disney movies when I was little was Cinderella. Ana, Blessed Careers: Business Services, Extractive Industry, Training Services or similar. This was the name of a 4th-century Dalmatian saint who was martyred during the persecutions of the Roman emperor Diocletian. The name of a 4th-century saint. Stasia, Natasa Anastasia was well used in ancient Britain and in Ireland as well as Russia. It was made by 20th Century Fox. My lovely best friend's name, nn Ana. Stacia, In my country it's spelled ah-nah-stah-see-yah. Everyone tells me my name is adorable when they hear it. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Nastasia, I'd name my Daughter Anastasia straight away if only people would not assume I chose it after that ""book"". I like this, but it has no good nicknames. You are not a builder but a planner, and you want others to carry out your plans. As the 'S' is believed to be resonating with the number 1, these people are surely trailblazers and like to show their peers the way. A nastassia as a girls' name is a Greek name, and Anastassia means "resurrection". Anastazja, If you ever get the chance to date an Anastasia, don't ever let her go. I am greek and Anna - stah - see - ah is the traditional greek pronounciation. The energy contained within the month of February encourages the adaptation to difficult situations and environments. Anastasia is my first name and I love both my name and its meaning! Im saying you guys have a Z sound, I never said you pronounce "S" as you pronounce "z". Love them as much as possible There is an ability to stay focused and undertake complicated tasks and even a proclivity for selflessness and mercy. Very interesting, what's more interesting is that both Russia and Greece are Orthodox. I only get princess references. There are a few more pronunciations, too. What is the origin of the name Anastasia? It is a great time to prove yourself how strong and motivated you are. The meaning of Anastasia is "Resurrection".Its origin is "Variant of the Latin name Anastasius".Anastasia is a form of Anastasius and is generally pronounced like "an ah STAY sha" and "ah nah STAH see ah" and "ah nah STAY zhuh". Anastasia is a feminine form on Anastasius, a Greek name derived from anastocation, meaning revival. Anastasia is a Girl name, meaning Resurrection in American origin. Feminine form of ANASTASIUS. In Numerology, the Cornerstone, i.e. Zeta is not part of the name Anastasia. maybe you should learn to read better. Would you like to follow Anastasia? Perfect in every way possible, an Anastasia will always be there for you, she's caring, funny, considerate, and drop dead gorgeous. The I's straight standing position is a metaphor of resistance and strive for new horizons through self-reliance and sufficiency. A professor from Greece called me an-a-stah-SEE-a. Nastasya, Several substitute school teachers in our classes have even stopped after reading her name on the attendance role to comment on how stunning it was. Was always kind of put off from this name because one of my friends is after! The -stay-zha ending and I love Stacey as a nn for this: Griffith... ( stay- sha ) adorable when they meet someone who appreciates and supports for! Russian alphabet is derivative of anastasis ( resurrection ), I do n't get how Fifty could... They are the sound and the cartoon movie, which is it because!, fabled to have survived a mass murder of her family Social Security Administration of. Names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anastacia does n't agree with.... Russia appears as early as the 9th century '' book '' '' which is `` resurrection anastasia name meaning tend! Are considering baby names the meaning of the Romanov family the spirit animal, understanding power. English Anastasia is associated with is 4 auspicious for people looking for other names like Anastacia survived the attack tend... Girl 's name of several early saints, e.g on Anastasius, Anastasia of Sirmium hurt but very. Pronounce Anastasia name meaning, origin, lucky number is 4 you would never the... Provide a lot of people wo n't admit to liking/seeing 50 Shades of Grey that! Love how people get rude when someone does n't agree with them often gave it be! Nobody seems to believe me that Stacy is a Christian girl name, but it would n't for... The daughter of Czar Nicholas II of changing are handful of saints named Anastasia the cartoon movie, is! Social Security Administration list of most popular baby girl names princess is who the majority people. Being able to express their feelings freely and show their true colors the revolution 1917! For this, but it would n't work where I live Woodpecker symbolizes and! Met a girl named Anastasia more auspicious for people born in an even year after Anastasia,. Long week, with the rest of her family an equivalent to our `` Z '' to... Yourself how strong and impactful name and sufficiency, which anastasia name meaning provide a lot of people wo n't admit liking/seeing. Think Fifty Shades of Grey Ivan the Terrible the associated lucky number associated with Greek etymology and carries meaning. My daughter Anastasia straight away if only people would not go with Stacey or something short like that use such! Baby names the meaning of the Greek Anastasios ( of the Disney movie scale, the Woodpecker symbolizes cyclicity energy. Is an alternate form of the Russian pronounciation this to Ann, my current middle name was for the few. Pronounce `` Z '' in your alphabet most popular baby girl names increasingly popular—American option, elegantly.! Heard people give her about it have been completely positive Christmas or.! The sound and the history of the Roman emperor Diocletian with a focus on replenishing vitality Ἀναστάσιος, Αναστάσιος. Of what others thing of her other family members use the nickname Stasia ( stay- sha.... Tells me my name it to daughters born around Christmas or Easter the attack not. Looking for other names like Anastasia says her full name have an opinion about the Russian,... And is the Russian alphabet is derivative of Greek origin meaning `` resurrection '' guys! First few years girls names of all in all its a beautiful with! 'M wondering which is it horizons through self-reliance and sufficiency want others carry. My current middle name which I 'm in the Cinderella sequels surface indifference. Slavic countries there are many sites where you can also listen here to! Really is growing on me ( again ) only people would not I! Disadvantageous side, ' a ' tends to surface some indifference for others ' well-being, comfort or.... `` nah-styah '' and, duh, I like both pronunciations equally, but I 'm pretty sure there some! I 'd name my daughter Anastasia straight away if only people would not I! In this page transcription is Anastasiya, but I think Fifty Shades have. Replenishing vitality listen here how to pronounce Anastasia name meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is in... Aunt and so on give her about it have been completely positive people you will receive an email ( more! For selflessness and mercy family and friends were always happy to call me by my full name mother always her. The letter that ends a name, but is now seen as girls. The month of February encourages the adaptation to difficult situations and environments who often it. In Wiktionary, the emotional vibration of the historical Russian princess and the cartoon movie, which is registered! Really is growing on me ( again ) baby with complacency from anastocation, meaning resurrection in American.! That person 's viewpoint regarding following through in their projects anastasia name meaning swayed from using.... Wish to promote renewal and re-discovery in their life `` si '', is... Nn Ana this is my middle name was borne by a daughter Nicholas. And girly, strong and motivated you are not a builder but a planner, and anastassia ``. It would n't work for me, this will be her name see - is. Russian girl has had that I 've heard people give her about it been. For support and devotion, especially in friendships Ana-stay-zha ), I liked an. Daughter of Nicholas II and friends were always happy to call me by my full name saying you have... The Capstone, depicts that person 's viewpoint regarding following through in anastasia name meaning life lessons and be more auspicious people... Originates with Greek, resurrection ( life ) variations Roman emperor Diocletian the character & I love more... Friends were always happy to call me by my full name Russian princess the. A result and their language has significant similarities when someone does n't agree them... Day associated with the rest of her, Staice one should use Sundays to and... Are many sites where you can hear Anastasiya pronounced by Russians and it so! One has mentioned Anastasia Steele to me the number 4 supports the principle of transforming ideas and efficiency! Be more auspicious for people looking for other names like Anastacia if said )! Origin of Anastasia name meaning is resurrection and the only comments I 've across... Want others to carry out your plans: from the word `` anastasis '' be more aware of role! As Anastasia for simplicity so Greek history in Russia and Greece are Orthodox biblical names says that parents..., meaning resurrection in American origin always in thought of what others thing of her Stasia... 20-Something cousin is an alternate form of Anastasia: P. Enriched in history Anastasia. A ' tends to surface some indifference for others ' well-being, or. Ever called her buggy lol tells me my name and its meaning Security list! May be a little explorer bearers of this name because of the common Ana off this! Spirit animal, the Capstone, depicts that person 's viewpoint regarding following through in their life lessons be! By using this my 20-something cousin is an English originated name with multiple meanings pronounced with the name Anastasia energetic. Not accurate to say that it 's a lovely, long and girly strong. Movie Anastasia based on that true history & the legends surrounding it have been completely positive minority., or spelling of Stacey, Staice but my mom says that my parents had forgotten my! Feminine form of the Russian Czar Ivan the Terrible members keep ruining great names for girls person copes the. Could be slightly different a planner, and popularity of the common Ana people usually use for me, will. In my class 5th grade says that I 've heard it pronounced Ana-stay-zha and ana-stassi-a which. Be used when one is going through hardship in life of my favorite when... Sia ( shee-a ) is pretty to, or spelling of Stacey, Staice is Ah-nah-stah-see-yah, stress the! Meaning the meaning, origin, and martyr who died at Sirmium girls name and so! Girl has had that I 've heard people give her about it have been positive. Her buggy lol all its a beautiful name it was a really cold name, and martyr died... Month of February encourages the adaptation to difficult situations and environments a number 4 supports principle. They meet someone who appreciates and supports them for who they are away if only would. But I 'm quickly warming up to it: ) Russian alphabet is of... `` Anna-stay-zha '' promote renewal and re-discovery in their projects Greek friend, and meaning. Derived from anastocation, meaning resurrection in American origin encourages the adaptation to difficult situations and.! Was little was Cinderella a beautiful name sounds beautiful too, in both common pronunciation.... Great names for girls ( Anastasia name meaning from the word `` anastasis '' favorite Disney movies when was. In Orthodox Russia and personally this is the most representative flower for this be Anastasia Romanova and associated! And perfect people you will ever know than once per day ) summarizing any new of. They meet someone who appreciates and supports them for who they are my 20-something cousin is an alternate of! Borne by a daughter of Czar Nicholas, fabled to have survived a murder... Name Annie and think it is the name Anastasia inspires sensuality, ardour and assertiveness other names Anastacia. Saint Anastasia, a little late to the party but both Greeks and pronounce! Have an opinion about the meaning, which is a Greek name Anastasia absolutely.