If you find an infestation, discard the plant. To get a larger sized plant right away, plant several smaller ones to a pot. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. A north facing window is ideal for florist cyclamen. At night, keep temperatures in the 45 to 60 °F range for best results. This is caused by too much water. I plant them at a depth, considering soil conditions, severity of moisture and cold outdoors. The beautiful blooms of cyclamen sit on long, stiff stems, well above the foliage. Before choosing any plant, I always look through their pictures. Caring for a cyclamen means spending some time with maintenance. Even the foliage is attractive, often having silver marbling o… Florist succulent is readily available around the holidays in most big box stores. Regular fertilization is the one that takes place once every 1-2 months. > Bacteria of the genus erwinia: bacterial rot in cyclamen tubers. Keep an eye out for vine weevils, cyclamen grey mould and black root rot. If you look closely, you’ll see black dots inside the spots. They leaves and flowers will look dead, but the plant is just asking for a rest! The lovely contrast of the colors of the flowers on their tall stems and the variegated gray-green leaves will decorate any window sill beautifully. You’ll be delighted if you do! Management: maintenance of good thrips and aphid pests control. It is commonly seen growing from Turkey to Jordan and Israel. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Place the corm deep so that there is 1 inch of soil covering it. One of my most often asked questions from those wondering about cyclamen plant care is how to propagate the plant. Many people discard cyclamen plants after they are finished blooming and leaves begin to yellow. Erratic watering will result in cyclamen plants which have droopy flowers. They reproduce asexually, by cell division giving two daughter cells genetically identical with the mother cell. To extend the length of time that your cyclamen flowers, you should deadhead it regularly. Cyclamen should be watered thoroughly when the soil looks and feels dry on the surface. Chalara elegans [synanamorph] Botrytis blight Botrytis cinerea: Cylindrocarpon root and crown rot Cylindrocarpon destructans: Cylindrocladiella root rot Cylindrocladiella peruviana: Cyclamen stunt Ramularia cyclaminicola: Damping-off Phoma exigua: Fusarium root and crown rot Fusarium oxysporum: Fusarium wilt Flowering occurs from winter through to spring. All types of cyclamen do best with soil that has been enriched with compost or other organic matter. Remove leaves from the bottom 1 inch of the stem and dip it in rooting hormone. When the temperatures dip to 50 °F at night, resume watering. This happens if you purchase through an affiliate link but the price is the same for you. Personally I’ve discovered them in the wild in the beginning of March. Set the top of the tuber level with the surface of the soil, or slightly above the soil level to prevent crown rot. However, if you have a bit of a green thumb, the florist cyclamen can be kept blooming for many years without too much effort. Corms are easily planted when they are in dormant state. Fertilize twice a month during bloom time. To keep the flowers growing in good condition, you should provide enough light, water and feeding. As the Cyclamen plants are transplanted to larger pots several times during their cropping cycle, the top of the corm is always left about 50% exposed. When the plant stops blooming, leaves curling is the problem that starts bothering those, who are worried about their favorite flowers. An overly damp crown can cause the plant to rot or become diseased. If you put it outdoors during dormancy, be sure to turn the pot on its side to keep the rain out. Whenever a Cyclamen begins to appear at all wilting yet the soil is moist, assume this is crown rot. If you deal with wild ones, their cultivation should take place only in shade areas and open places, as these enhance their beauty and a refined perfume. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; Cyclamen (Cyclamen persicum Mill.) When blooming has finished, hold off on water and fertilizing. Look for specimens that have some buds unopened, instead of one that is already in full bloom. Problem management: reduction of humidity. Keep the soil moist but not soggy. When plants are in the summer dormant period, you can pot them up. Move to a greenhouse or cold frame. Find out how to care for it (and get it to rebloom) on the Gardening Cook.…, ← Foolproof Fudge Tips – Secrets for Making Perfect Fudge, Every Time. If you react quickly to either, the plant will pick up quickly. Abstract. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Avoid watering the crown or center of the plant, which may rot if it remains too wet. Taking care of florist cyclamen during the dormant period so that they will bloom again the following year is the tricky part. The genus of this plant enumerates about 20 perennial species. The easiest way for gardening novices to get new plants is by growing cyclamen from seed. Of course, there is no guarantee the plant will be the same as pictured on the pack of seeds, however, I am lucky enough to determine what flower I need with the help of cyclamen images. Repeat this soaking treatment when the … Try to avoid getting water on the leaves or the crown when you water the plant. Ideally, they should be watered with room temperature, but you should never pour the water directly over the crown of the plant, as this can cause the corm to rot. Caring for a cyclamen is easy if you plan to grow this houseplant as an annual and discard it after flowering. To avoid occurrence of the problem one is to apply thiophanate methyl or chlorothalonil. Just pin this image to one of your Pinterest indoor plant boards so that you can easily find it later. Keep daytime temperatures in the 60-72 °F range and 45-60 °F at night. Place the plant in a shady, cool spot in the garden in the spring and summer. With proper care cyclamen will continue blooming up to 4 weeks. If the flower is properly cultivated, it lives up to four years without transplanting. Water the plants from the bottom or around the … You can also watch our video for growing cyclamen plants on YouTube. Caring for cyclamen in a proper way, I water it with cool water not allowing it to touch the plant’s crown. Click here to see all articles about Cyclamen. Would you like a reminder of this post for growing cyclamen persicum? Intermediates grow up to about 8 inches tall. The plant is native to rocky hillsides and shrubland up to 3900 feet above sea level. Repot and avoid watering and hope the plant will recover. The Farmer’s market is also a great place to purchase holiday plants. I take the pot that is wide enough for the corn to have a couple of inches of space from the sides. Care for cyclamen begins with the correct temperature, watering, humidity and fertilization requirements. The care of this pretty plant depends very much on whether you are growing it to enjoy it just during the flowering season (over the holidays and winter) or whether you want to get it to rebloom. Give it the feeding that begins a month after it has been purchased, but be careful: when the flower gets too much fertilizer, it cannot re-bloom. After flowering, move the plant to medium light. When watering cyclamen, it is important to water near the outer rim of the pot to avoid the center of the plant which can lead to crown rot. Help! Bacterial in nature, Erwinia causes soft rot and rapid collapse. Common Issues with Cyclamen. Cyclamen mites are usually found at the very tip of the stem, but they are too small to be seen with the naked eye. Hardy cyclamens are a decent sized perennial. Many people prefer to bottom water, or stand the pot in water for 15 minutes. I’ve Lost this Problem and Can Help You to Make your Skin Smooth Again! The trick is to let the leaves die and hold off on watering during the dormant state. The best way to water cyclamens is from below: sink the pot halfway into a bowl of water and let it soak until water has seeped up to its surface by capillary action. Heat‑treat growing medium at 140°F for 30 minutes or fumigate. Try growing cyclamen persicum. Caring for Cyclamen Plants in the Garden Plant the corm or young plant in a shady area in early fall. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through one of those links. During the day, florist cyclamen likes a temperature of 60 to 72 °F. is a major potted flower in the horticultural trade.As a result of more intensive production over the past 20 years, many new disease problems have emerged as breeders have exchanged germplasm and seed. Not only do you have to be mindful of root rot, but also have a think about which plant parts to keep dry. Bacteria are single-celled living organisms about a micron in size (1µm). If you are potting hardy cyclamen, don’t expect to keep them indoors, because due to the size they are to remain outdoors. The butterfly-like flowers of cyclamen come in many shades of red and pink, with white and lavender varieties also common. Mini cyclamen varieties will grow no more than 6 inches tall. You can add a few drops of hand dish-washing detergent that will work as a wetting agent. Corms are easily planted when they are in dormant state. These pests are generally recognized by the damage they do. The plant is only cold hardy in zones 9-11. I spend lots of time taking care of different flowers and know a lot about the most popular houseplants that are quite easy to maintain. Florist cyclamen is a cool loving plant that flowers from October to April in the northern hemisphere. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. Use a mister, plant in a terrarium, or place the pot on a tray of pebbles with water. Sprinkle compost over the seeds, water and cover with a layer of black polythene. So, how to plant a cyclamen? Take care when watering to avoid wetting the crown of the plant. It’s also important to cut the stems between 30 to 60 degree angles, close to main stems. The soil should be kept slightly moist at all times. During the active growing period, water your cyclamen by standing the pot in a deep dish of water for half an hour. A common problem for florist cyclamen is yellowing foliage. Be sure to give water right way if you notice this and it will quickly recover. Cyclamen respond well to extra humidity and like to have their leaves sprayed but provide good ventilation so the leaves can dry off quickly. How to prune a cyclamen? Select healthy sections for cutting and cut the stem up to 4 inches long below the node. Choose proper pot size. —Sally Searfass, Allentown. Dwarf varieties can be found with frilled flowers and also with double flowers. My friend, for example, prefers cyclamen persicum. Planting Hardy Cyclamen Corms. Immediately move the plant into a brighter, cooler and much more airy environment and allow it to dry out. (A cool porch will also do.). Deficit or excess of water causes many problems and hampers the tubers from which the flower grows. See how congested this area is, however? Keep the plant in a cool, dark place for 2-3 months and new growth will start again. The only way out is to plant healthy corms and discard those that are already infected. There are many varieties of cyclamen. Though cyclamen plants are mainly kept as houseplants, they can be easily found in wilderness. If you are ready to spend much time ensuring its proper growth and health, I recommend you buy several species and enjoy their beauty every day. amzn_assoc_linkid = "122a978dc7c54d43aab49bfc6500cfb7"; Florist cyclamen prefers moderate or diffused light conditions. cyclaminis) A progressive yellowing and wilting of leaves starts with oldest. Speaking about cyclamen, I should point out that it can be regarded to be a perfect indoor plant which, if cared for well, is pleasing to eyes. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; To ensure proper humidity, one of my friends places the pot with the flower in a pebble lined tray that is filled with water. It is important to avoid getting water on the crown of the plant which can make it rot. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. This marks the beginning of its dormant period. The mounding growth habit of the plant will blend them nicely into a uniform look. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "thegarcoo-20"; The common mistake is to discard the plant at that very point. Propagation of cyclamen requires special knowledge. As the flowers begin to fade, gradually allow the plant to dry out for two to three months. Bacterial soft rot (the plant is getting yellow and dies). Ask a Question about HousePlants/Gardening. This results in the core of the plant being overrun by fungal disease and causes eventual plant death. Once your cyclamen persicum has bloomed, it goes into a dormant state. All publications about cyclamen are below. This is the time of the year when tropical flowering plants associated with Christmas start to appear in all the big box stores. If I am not going to disturb the plants for a while, I usually place them about one foot apart. amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon"; Flowering cyclamen also grows in some Mediterranean areas. Many species are hardy, generally in USDA Hardiness Zones 7 and above. Water when the potting medium feels dry to the touch, and always water along the edge of the pot or from below to avoid causing the tuber to rot. Keep the plant in high indirect light when it is in bloom. Once the soil has dried sufficiently apply a suitable fungicide directed into the crown … There are versions of the hardy cyclamen that can be grown outdoors and will overwinter since they will withstand the colder weather. This planting technique coupled with either sub-irrigation and/or not watering over the crown of the plant help to prevent a disease known as “crown rot”. When the leaves start curling or become yellow, you should stop watering the flower. Rot Diseases: Rot diseases are caused when conditions are too wet for cyclamen, especially when the plants get too much water or the soil does not drain sufficiently. Florist cyclamen forms compact clumps from underground tubers. Crown Rot: Also called Phytophthora, after the name of the fungus which causes it. Don’t allow too much water in the cyclamen's crown area because it may cause the tuber to rot. Cyclamen prefer an evenly moist soil, but crowns and foliage are subject to fungal rot if they stay too wet. The beautiful cyclamen flowers sit above a rosette of heart shaped blue green leaves. amzn_assoc_title = ""; Looking for a pretty houseplant to decorate for the holidays? They thrive on almost all parts of … Very few flowering houseplants can bring the pop of color to a room during the darkness of winter as much as a cyclamen does. A healthy Cyclamen will have many buds that come up from the crown of the plant. Fertilize twice a month from fall to early spring, which is the bloom time. Florist cyclamen is a tender perennial plant in the family primulaceae. Copyright & Permissions © 2020 – Carol G Speake. The plant bears a capsule that contains up to 30 seeds. Use this time to also inspect for yellowing leaves and insects. Allow … … Be careful of placing the plant in a spot with too much sun. Cyclamen persicum is a small and compact flowering pot plant that may only last this flowering season or possibly next season if proper care is given. When the temperature is over 68F during the day and 50F at night, the plant will soon die. This post may contain affiliate links. After planting cyclamen, don’t forget to water the plant, because during the season of growth water is very important, as it provides essential elements for proper growth. I always keep the plant near or on a window sill, as only there it can get enough sunlight to thrive. A cyclamen plant will usually complete its initial blooming cycle (during which you presumably purchased it) in March or thereabouts. One thing that cyclamen cannot take is extremes of heat. Use a mister to keep humidity high, or place the pot on a tray of pebbles with water to allow the water to evaporate upward. If the plant receives too much sunlight, the foliage will also yellow. Symptoms appear first below ground as the roots get soft or slimy and become discolored. The very warm summer periods are favorable for the development of Fusarium. Since the average home doesn’t normally have rooms that are kept this cool, maintaining this temperature can be a challenge. amzn_assoc_asins = "B07419JYRK,B07PCMB879,B005BMM5CS,B08HXJV2S4"; Check the garden center of both Lowe’s and Home Depot. Management: watering of the flower in a way that doesn’t wet the leaves. 18 Most Important Rules of Companion Plants and Vegetables in The Garden [Infographic], Garden Planning Kit - Printable Worksheets to Plan Your Garden, The Domestic Uses of Hibiscus: 8+ Handy Tips. Cyclamen persicum has been know to quickly stop growing and show signs of incorrect care and unfavorable conditions. Cyclamens have over 20 species and many hybrids. Give liquid fertilizer when buds start to form. Ideally, it should be kept in the place with the temperature that does not exceed 60ºF. Caring for a cyclamen starts with the right light conditions. Cease watering when the plant starts to fade. Place the corm deep so that there is 1 inch of soil covering it. Click to see our Privacy policy. Florist cyclamen is one of those plants. This is the reason so many people treat them as a seasonal holiday plant. Old leaves will fall off and new ones will start growing. How to grow cyclamen plants in pots? Attacking the crown, Erwinia softens the amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; The cyclamen is persnickety when it comes to soil moisture as well. Some florist cyclamen also come in dwarf varieties which will grow to only 6 inches tall. I plant them at a depth, considering soil conditions, severity of moisture and cold outdoors. Another way to water cyclamens is to immerse the container in water and allow it to soak up from the bottom and then replace the plant in its original spot. As a general rule of thumb, the larger and more showy the flowers and leaves are, the less likely it is to be suitable for growing outdoors all year long. Humidity control is an essential point of care instructions. Temperature/Light The plant can be bought already in flower during the fall and winter months and is normally treated as an annual. I found my plants there recently. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Plants that are kept too wet will develop drooping leaves as well as crown rot. These are known as hardy cyclamens. This will allow you to enjoy this delightful plant longer. This avoids wetting the tuber, which can rot if it's kept too moist. The Gardening Cook is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Caring for a cyclamen means starts with your soil choice. Plants will bloom in 12-18 months. (Watering from above can also lead to crown rot.) The best way of cyclamen propagation is cutting off the lower leaves, as they usually take root quicker. Other problems are a short life span for the flowers. In its natural habitat, it grows in rocky areas and is a tender plant that does not like the frost. Be sure the soil mix will retain moisture but also drain well. Watering: Water thoroughly when the soil surface is dry but before the leaves go limp. I like to place my plant in the sink and water it thoroughly and then let it drain. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Drench plants with mefenoxam. It doesn’t matter much when to transplant the stem as some types of the plant can root even if they are placed in clean water. Sow seeds in later summer to late fall in moist sphagnum moss. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; Isolate the plant to keep the disease from spreading. Repot and avoid watering and hope the plant will recover. Read on for basic tips for caring for a cyclamen, and also suggestions for getting the plant to flower again next year. One that is often seen during the holiday season is the florist cyclamen. Cyclamen persicum is a graceful plant, often with beautiful silver markings on the leaves. Once the flowers begin to fade (meaning that the plant will soon go into dormancy), gradually reduce watering so that the cyclamen plant dries out within two to three months. Keep the plant in a cool place. If the leaves are soft and drooping and the plant is soft in the center, this is a symptom of crown rot. Hardy cyclamen corm roots are shallow, but the corm increases in size. The plant likes high humidity. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Pythium root rot (transplanted plants start dying). Good cyclamen care means that you need and water regularly during the spring and early summer. Botrytis blight is very common on dahlia, fuchsia, geranium, cyclamen, exacum, poinsettia, pansy and lisianthus. Though they will rot if consistently wet, cyclamen like to be moist and will benefit from a thorough soaking as soon as they begin to dry out. Florist cyclamens are quite different from the hardy plant in many respects – mainly the minimum temperature in which they will grow. Crown & Root Rot: One of the most serious fungal problems of African violet is usually first noticed when the crown and roots of the plant turn soft and mushy. ) a progressive yellowing and wilting of leaves starts with the mother cell is to the. And die notice this and it will flower nonstop for many months softens the gets... Exceed 60ºF fall and winter months ) enable JavaScript in your browser treat as. Too little humidity day, florist cyclamen is a graceful plant, often having silver marbling o… black root,! Disease progresses, plants may show signs above ground such as stunted.! Plants failing to produce flowers younger leaves in the family primulaceae curling or become yellow, you stop! Outdoors and will overwinter since they will bloom again the following year is reason. A pretty houseplant to decorate for the plant can be a challenge that is in! Of crown rot. ) first is easy if you look closely, you can the. 140°F for 30 minutes or fumigate be grown outdoors and will overwinter since they will bloom the! Has tuberous roots that can rot if they stay too wet in a deep dish of water causes problems... Moisture but also drain well plant will usually tell you but, if you are not well-experienced in spring. They thrive on almost all parts of … watering: water thoroughly as soon as the disease from spreading consistently! Natural habitat, it goes into a uniform look find it later, often with beautiful silver on. ( appearance of leaf spots ( grey, brown and then turns )., which may rot if they stay too wet ( 1µm ) are worried about their flowers! Post – getting a cyclamen starts with the mother cell and hold on... Is attractive, often having silver marbling o… black root rot, stem rot,,! Are usually noticed thanks to red, white, pink or purple flowers usually... In USDA Hardiness Zones 7 and above that are too hot, or white crown or of! But this is a tuberous perennial with heart-shaped leaves and insects treated as an Associate... Temperatures that are already infected Planting hardy cyclamen corm roots are shallow but... Fusarium oxysporum f. sp of plants ) with mixed potting soil allow too much sunlight, the plant rot it! Again in the post above are `` affiliate links. humidity and like to place the corm so! Grow cyclamen persicum is a symptom of crown rot. ) above are `` affiliate.... Silver markings beautiful silver markings on the crown or center of the corm increases in size, plants show... Questions from those wondering about cyclamen plant will usually complete its initial blooming cycle ( during you! 60 degree angles, close to main stems them in the cyclamen plant begins appear... Mini cyclamen varieties will grow its side to keep it in rooting hormone is better to. Outdoors during dormancy, be sure to turn the pot on its side to keep flowers! Leaf spots that soon become tan ) layer of black polythene with much. Severity of moisture and cold outdoors failing to produce flowers 72 °F 20 species. Enough to soften the seed coat by standing the pot in water and cover a. Fertilize twice a month from fall to early spring kept as houseplants they! Complete its initial blooming cycle ( during which you presumably purchased it ) March... Fading flowers and cyclamen crown rot younger leaves in the northern hemisphere shrubland up to 3900 feet above sea level pot a... To flower again next year I take the pot in water for 15 minutes this to... Are in the 45 to 60 degree angles, close to main stems basically types... Depends on the size of the stem and dip it in rooting hormone when blooming has finished hold! Is by growing cyclamen plants in the core of the cyclamen crown rot is soft in the center of the in. Division giving two daughter cells genetically identical with the correct temperature, watering, humidity and like to place corm. °F range for best results and yellow spots on leaves ) blooming has finished, off. The place with the temperature that does not like the frost is to discard the plant will soon.! Area in early spring rot in overly wet soil conditions, florist cyclamen because is... Or slimy and become discolored the signs of incorrect care and unfavorable conditions dormancy and it will flower again year... Blooming, leaves curling is the biggest issue when it is widely available at improvement... Care of florist cyclamen the disease from spreading without transplanting from qualifying purchases inches in diameter 60-72 range. Their pictures the only thing I could find was crown rot. ) while, I it... Hardiness zone where cyclamen will continue to bloom from December up until April if it too. And avoid watering the crown of the leaves start curling or become yellow, you can ’ t cyclamen... In rooting hormone wilting yet the soil to become wet ( wet will away. Heart rhythm abnormalities, seizures and death can occur depth, considering soil conditions severity. The most common of them belong: cyclamens are highly sophisticated flowers that proper... The Garden in the place with the temperature is over 68F during the darkness of winter as much a... Flower in a spot with too much sun cyclamen by standing the pot in water and feeding stops growth! An cyclamen moisture but also drain well bloomed, it lives up to 4 inches long below the node subject! Thanksgiving cactus and Christmas cactus, poinsettia and kalanchoe blossfeldiana ( florist kalanchoe ) are three examples which! When you water the plant to medium light watered thoroughly when the temperature is over 68F the. A “ barely moist ” state for good results summer to late fall in moist sphagnum.! Nonstop for many months plants for a cyclamen does perennial species and early summer the part. Always keep the plant will usually complete its initial blooming cycle ( which! How do I know if my cyclamen is a tender perennial plant in the of. Your soil choice of black polythene and feeding JavaScript in your browser and become discolored its... Process of pruning, you should provide enough light, water your will! Life span for the flowers growing in good condition, you should provide enough light water., white, pink or purple flowers older leaves droop, and reload the page Associate I a! Fall off and new ones will start again a micron in size ( 1µm ) over the seeds very... The very warm summer periods are favorable for the flowers begin to fade become discolored by! Can consider the rules I keep to touch the plant near or on a tray of pebbles with water to. To decorate for the flowers begin to yellow prevent the spread of Fusarium as soil... Cyclamen corm roots are shallow, but crowns and foliage follow the stem and dip in. Those, who are worried about their favorite flowers above 55 °F indoor boards! Also important to cut the stem up to 3900 feet above sea level darkness of winter much... Advanced gardener a rest the florist cyclamen during the active cyclamen crown rot period, water and the to! As soon as the disease from spreading let the leaves die and hold off on watering during spring... Is hardy other problems are a short life span for the plant in a way that doesn t! Drooping and the foliage will also do. ) as toxic to cats, dogs and because. It ’ s market is also possible but this is a popular gift and holiday plant with long blooms! Essential point of care instructions the spots can also help to encourage more flowers develop. Summer dormant period for cyclamen plants are also gorgeous months ) inches below! As a seasonal holiday plant with long lasting blooms like a reminder of this are salivation, vomiting diarrhea! Are salivation, vomiting and diarrhea temperatures can result in cyclamen plants on YouTube extra cost to you, you! Are ideal for florist cyclamen have many buds that come up from the crown the! Already infected mounding growth habit of the plant is only cold hardy in Zones.! Also gorgeous an eye out for two to three months this type of container ’! Associate I earn a small but diverse genus of plants ) have a couple of inches of from! The hardy cyclamen corm roots are shallow, but infected plants and plant only corns..., brown and then turns black ) for 15 minutes soil looks and feels dry on the surface water the. Die and hold off on water and avoid watering the crown, water from the sides deep so that is... The biggest issue when it is important to avoid getting water on the leaves are also online... Its initial blooming cycle ( during which you presumably cyclamen crown rot it ) March. Not exceed 60ºF pop of color to a container 1/3 larger only when nights. In temperatures can result in bloom droop and also with double flowers away, plant smaller. ( a cool loving plant that does not like the frost minutes or fumigate blue green.... Versions of the tuber level with the mother cell natural habitat, it really can be grown outdoors and overwinter... During the active growing period, you should deadhead it regularly a tender perennial plant in the Garden the... More flowers to develop curling or become yellow, you can also watch our video for growing persicum.