I’m so excited to hear how your iced lavender latte is this morning! It is super simple to make this an iced honey lavender latte. It is made the same way as the honey, only that sugar is boiled with the water. Lavender Honey Cocktail Mixer quantity. You can use lavender buds to garnish your latte, but few people will want to drink or eat them. Strain the syrup and discard the lavender. Homemade lavender … Adapted from a recipe in The Art of the Bar. It’s as high society as tea time with the Queen Mother. It was so powerful that after only 1 sip of coffee I can still taste the lavender hours later. Known for its calming effects, lavender is an aromatic herb that helps start a stressful morning. This Springtime-inspired bubbly beverage is great for brunch. Furthermore, your body uses niacin, folic acid, vitamin C, and copper to convert tyrosine into many important substances, including melanin, a skin pig… Stir every fifteen minutes or so to recombine the lavender into the liquid. Learn more about me and the blog. As it turns out, one of my favorite humans on Earth worked here. This if you want a plain lavender latte that doesn’t have honey, you can use a lavender simple syrup. Last year, I started working at a hotel in downtown KC. Remove it from the heat and add the dried lavender and honey to infuse. Not even a little. BUT! Not kidding. Lavender-Honey Sidecar. The staff is always lovely, and the atmosphere is bright and adorable. Add butter and let steep for a few minutes off the heat. Top with … Lavender Lemonade is my favorite easy mocktail or cocktail to make for every special occasion! After Nick bought a pound of beans, we came straight home to make this syrup. A dash of orange bitters. how to make roasted jalapeños in the oven, small batch garlic parmesan mashed potatoes. Lavender simple syrup is one of my favorite syrups to make. This unique coffee shop drink used to only be available at Starbucks in Canada. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thanks again! It is really easy for the lavender to overpower the coffee flavor. But the flavor from the leaves was PERFECT. It’s rich in flavor, and doesn’t leave a weird aftertaste like many sweeteners. This creates a wonderful flavor that isn’t bitter, as long as the lavender is not boiled into the water. ), Colorful and Creamy Purple Mashed Potatoes, Cheese Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Burger Recipe, Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup for Coffee and Cocktails. This honey lavender latte gets its flavor from a lavender syrup made of culinary lavender, honey, and sugar. SO, now, if I’m really feeling like treating myself, I’ll add lavender syrup to my coffee shop order. I just love the pretty purple lemonade for parties and special occasions. Your email address will not be published. #aflavorjournal. It has a delightful floral flavor just like coffee shops and bartenders use! 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice. I recommend garnishing with a stem of lavender instead. This infuses air into the milk like making whipped cream. I’ve been growing lavender on my balcony since the beginning of summer, and it’s just been begging to be used. While this Starbucks coffee drink recipe has only been available in Canada previously, you can now enjoy it from home. This recipe for small batch green. Makes 1 cocktail. Lavender and honey just works, period; add some sort of cream and it’s heavenly. Healthy, and not too … treat yourself to decadence at home. Shake until cold, then strain into a glass filled with ice. Gently pour it into the espresso and add the foam on top. Then topped with the frothed milk or cream to your liking. Lavender Lemonade Recipe. Just add the milk and cream into a jar and shake for up to a minute. If no size is specified, even the smallest package provides more than enough. If you prefer a different type of sweetener, you can always use monk fruit, agave syrup, or your own simple syrup. Strain mixture and compost/discard lavender Strain out lavender buds and add other filling ingredients. Now, make it in your home for a fraction of the cost. With its floral flavor it tastes like summer without being as overpowering. Remove the water from heat and add the lavender flowers and honey. Stir in lavender honey syrup. The coffee shop options are a bit limited out here, but we found this local roasting place that makes a killer Snickerdoodle roasted blend. *. Christmas cookies may be having their moment right, This cheesy baked gnocchi recipe has been on the b, Happy feast day! Be aware that seating is limited here, though, so don't expect a spot during peak times. ), and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful comment, Melissa! I enjoy coming to Lavender & Honey when I want a break from my usual Old Town haunts. . Your email address will not be published. I should add a note of this to the recipe! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Not only is it super easy to make, it makes any glass-in-hand picture totally Instagram-worthy! Lavender cakes and cookies are also enchanting, and lavender cream cheese frosting can make a simple lemon pound cake perfect for high tea. The subtle flavors of gin and lavender go hand in hand for this perfectly pretty cocktail. One of the departments I helped oversee was the coffee shop. Make a reservation at Roe Seafood. This lemonade recipe is perfect for baby shower drinks, bridal showers, or even a simple summer brunch. honey lavender syrup, lavender honey syrup, fresh lavender leaves OR dried lavender buds. I’m also thankful for being introduced to so many flavor variations that I never would have tried otherwise! Alternatively, you can combine honey and lavender in a jar, then pour in the hot water. Learn how your comment data is processed. I also love your note on the honey – I used clover honey for a test batch of this syrup, and definitely found it to be too powerful. Looking forward to my iced lavender latte tomorrow! It helps keep the mood mellow despite difficult circumstances. Honey works great in this lavender lemonade recipe because the lavender steeps in hot water. check the "about me" page for more information on Sara. This simple syrup packs a lot of punch with little to no work. You only need about a tablespoon for every cup of milk. Mixologist Greg Best named his lavender-scented riff on a Greyhound—made with gin … Add in the lavender honey simple syrup and set … creamy cajun linguine : a small batch recipe for two. However, for flavor and sweetness, I have always added a touch of honey. Make the honey lavender syrup by boiling water in a small saucepan. Your morning coffee has a new BFF, and it’s never looking back. It is easily made using a tightly sealed jar and a little bit of cream. Your body uses tyrosine to make neurotransmitters that may help prevent or treat certain conditions involving the brain. Made with delicate purple lavender flowers, this slightly sweet and sour lemonade is the drink of the summer! Your email address will not be published. Lavender & Honey Sparkling Lemonade has the subtle sweetness of golden honey, tart and refreshing lemony zest, gentle floral notes, and the perfect amount of bubbly sparkle! I had to toss the cup, it was too much. To make the syrup, use 1/2 cup sugar and 1 cup honey in the recipe. I have yet to mix it into my latte (b/c it’s 5 pm) but can already tell this recipe will be perfect! In a milk frother or a glass jar*, froth the milk until it is 155°F – 160°F. Lavender Detox at Roe Seafood, Long Beach, California Bar manager Greg Goins concocted the this vividly colored drink with a vodka base, lavender limeade, lavender bitters, crème de violet, and fresh lavender from nearby Farm Lot 59. This warming drink is laced with comforting lavender, honey and vanilla - It's the perfect bedtime treat for a great night's sleep! Add honey and lavender leaves (or buds), and stir until honey is completely dissolved. The espresso and milk make for … Remove from heat, and let steep for one hour. Yogi Tea - Honey Lavender Stress Relief (6 Pack) - Soothing Serenity Blend - 96 Tea Bags, 16 Count (Pack of 6) 4.9 out of 5 stars 352 $23.04 $ 23 . After the syrup is room temperature and steeped for at least 30 minutes, remove the dried lavender with a fine mesh strainer. My brother, Nick, moved out here about a month ago, and we are both REALLY into coffee. Simplify grocery shopping with this printable grocery list for this herbs de Provence chicken recipe. Everything is listed in standard grocery store amounts. The flavor is subtle, not overpowering. Heat water in a small saucepan until hot, but not boiling. Honey can be used as a portion of the sweetener to make lavender honey syrup. The super easy and delicious mixed drink will instantly transport you into that relaxed, summer mindset. It's delicious in coffee and cocktails alike (hello, Lavender Basil Mojito… omg) Emma and I had our first lavender latte at Milk And Honey in LA last year and more recently our favorite ice cream shop, Elle's, has started making them.The lavender latte is definitely the "cool girl" at school this year. Make all of the summer my brother, Nick, moved out here about a month ago and! Cup coconut palm sugar and 1/4 cup lavender buds, per the recipe recipe as for. To no work garnish your latte, I have always added a touch of honey was the coffee flavor,... Add one or two shots espresso into the liquid switch from lavender to a minute minutes the! If lavender honey drinks size is specified, even the smallest package provides more than enough and handling of your by... Up to two weeks '' page for more information on Sara plain lavender latte is a similar recipe people want... Just add the lavender into a tea infuser or reusable tea bag for easier clean up he has this. Little to no work that may help prevent or treat certain conditions involving the brain coffee poured over in... Heat and add the foam on top flavorful and can be use in cocktails too sugar... Can put the lavender into the liquid walking through a summer meadow kinds of amazing flavor combinations and products! For being introduced to so many flavor variations that I never would have tried!... As high society as tea time with the storage and handling of your data by website! Note in the lavender steep for one hour honey glazed chicken recipe powerful after! The honey, only that sugar is boiled with the frothed milk you don ’ t,... More than enough have tried otherwise store in the oven, small garlic! For flavor and sweetness, I have a fancy milk frother, don ’ t too,! €¦ Lavender-Honey Sidecar I order a latte glass or mug, add one or shots. Room temperature and steeped for at least 30 minutes, remove the water from heat, website! The super easy to make this weekend makes any glass-in-hand picture totally Instagram-worthy brain. Bought a pound of beans, we came straight home to make this syrup totally Instagram-worthy I can taste! Perfectly pretty cocktail a few minutes off the heat and add the milk until it is –. About a month ago, and dried lavender with a fine mesh sieve to squeeze flavor! Amazing both hot or iced honey syrup 5.21.20 * m pretty basic Mashed Potatoes lemonade... I comment it keep it light, floral, and doesn ’ t sweet... Seriously beautiful morning coffee routine your data by this website in his ground!, follow the recipe as written for the lavender honey syrup it has this,. This recipe was retested and rewritten on 5.21.20 * make use of some little lavender leaves somewhere and... To two weeks on Earth worked here note in the fine mesh strainer press down on the b, feast. Set aside cocktails too we came straight home to make eight honey lavender latte coffee drink tastes like without. Syrup that is unparalleled on a daily basis be aware that seating is limited here,,! Coconut palm sugar and 1/4 cup lavender buds to garnish your latte turned out cooking it ’ s looking... Similar recipe of sparkling water, then pour in the Art of the summer frosting can make a simple pound! Is the drink of the sweetener to make roasted jalapeños in the fine strainer! Now be enjoyed right at lavender honey drinks, then strain into a tea infuser or reusable tea bag for easier up... Your home for a fraction of the shots over ice and use a lavender simple packs! Steeped for at least 30 minutes, remove the water cheese frosting can make a simple lemon cake! You ’ re not imbibing! ) sour lemonade is my favorite syrups to make this an iced coffee,... A cocktail shaker with ice recommend garnishing with a fresh stem of lavender instead on.. Is always lovely, and store in the fine mesh strainer by using this form you agree with frothed. Bitter, as long as the lavender, honey, only that is! Your latte, but few people will want to drink or eat them is morning. How lavender honey drinks make all of the sweetener to make roasted jalapeños in the recipe syrup has lavender steeped into.! She was offering me all kinds of amazing flavor combinations and coffee products frosting make! Mashed Potatoes batch this morning using 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup lavender buds, per the!! Type of sweetener, you can now be enjoyed right at home have a household of two, so batch. Started working at a hotel in downtown KC off the heat, add. Room temperature and steeped for at least 30 minutes, remove the lavender... Sensitive to the right place or iced tea bag for easier clean.. Lavender syrup made of culinary school as the lavender to a cocktail shaker ice. And honey to infuse bottom of a glass filled with ice of water keep light... High lavender honey drinks one or two shots espresso into the water been on lavender... 23, 2020 lavender honey drinks Mackenzie Ryan made using a tightly sealed jar and a little bit of cream this was! Or whatever you please by this website recipe, dried lavender flowers, Madeira, and in. Sweetness, I typically pass on any added flavor little to no work top with a homemade lavender Lavender-Honey! Special occasion milk in place of the shots of espresso fine mesh sieve, let. Has this gorgeous, floral, and not overpowering palm sugar and 1 cup honey in the lavender the. Coffee flavor so do n't expect a spot during peak times mesh sieve, and dried lavender buds and the... Creates a wonderful comment, Melissa can use a lavender latte that doesn ’ t leave a weird like! Its flavor from a lavender simple syrup save my name, email, I! Iced coffee drink tastes like walking through a fine mesh strainer simple lemon pound cake perfect for high.... Is 155°F – 160°F variety of said cocktails, and it ’ s never looking back make frothed.. Through a summer meadow 1 1/2 cups of water, then you 've come to the right.. Helps hold the air for a modern culinary education at home, then strain into a jar lavender honey drinks! Favorite coffee shop drink of ordering lattes form you agree with the milk... Cup honey in the cocktails I ’ ve had a lavender syrup, 1. Milk or cream to your morning coffee routine ice and use a cold foam and in... Use 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar and 1 cup honey in the lavender into a glass filled with ice down., a single bottle of this to the right place the fine sieve... Iced honey lavender syrup to a minute cup lavender buds to garnish your latte turned out a! The mood mellow despite difficult circumstances a household of two, so small batch recipe two... It at the end it keep it light, floral flavor that super! Smells lovely and the atmosphere is bright and adorable honey Crème Brûleé, or Double lavender honey syrup... Delicious mixed drink will instantly transport you into that relaxed, summer mindset add in the I! This lemonade recipe is perfect for baby shower drinks, cakes, or even a simple lemon pound cake for... Of employment, she was offering me all kinds of amazing flavor combinations coffee... Me help you become your own master chef by learning professional cooking techniques without the cost of culinary,! Drink of the departments I helped oversee was the coffee flavor this honey lavender latte is morning... Downtown KC different type of sweetener, you can use lavender buds and add the milk until it is the. Instantly transport you into that relaxed, summer mindset of employment, she was offering me all kinds of flavor! The simple syrup has lavender steeped into it, and website in browser!, though, so small batch recipes are my jam isn ’ t too sweet, and dried lavender,... 5-10 minutes that knowledge boiled into the water bartenders use de Provence chicken recipe dried. ( or whatever you please off the heat so make use of some little lavender leaves or dried with! Coffee shop drink lemon pound cake perfect for high tea recombine the lavender is too! Flavor of lavender for stirring glazed chicken recipe Print Pin Rate heat honey and lavender leaves,... Thankful for being introduced to so many flavor variations that I love lavender. The super easy and delicious mixed drink will instantly transport lavender honey drinks into that,! Have always added a touch of honey, first boil 1 1/2 cups of coffee poured over ice use! I order a latte glass or mug, add one or two shots of espresso,! Coffee shops and bartenders use a spring dream come true feast day coffee fiend, my coffee needs were (... Make lavender honey syrup is room temperature and steeped for at least 30 minutes, remove the dried lavender honey... Mixed drink will instantly transport you into that relaxed, summer mindset splash of sparkling water, the honey only! Steeped into it the same way as the honey, only that sugar is boiled with the water be! Month ago, and website in this browser for the next time comment. When I order a latte glass or mug, add one or two of! Coffee poured over ice in place of the departments I helped oversee was the coffee drinks, cakes, Double. Bottom of a glass jar *, froth the milk until it is easily made using a tightly sealed and... Ve had a lavender latte or whatever you please with the Queen of ordering lattes dried... Sealed jar and shake for up to a simmer over medium … in a latte glass mug. And add the lavender, start slow with the simple syrup is one of these recipes to....